The Book Nympho and Hot Listens are bringing their audiobook challenge back for a third year, and seeing how I KILLED my goals in 2014, I’ve decided to participate again. I didn’t quite make it to 50 (still holding strong at 46), so I’m keeping my target level the same, and who knows maybe I’ll end up surprising myself. Here are the deets.
Reading Challenge Details:
- Runs January 1, 2015 – December 31, 2015. You can join at anytime.
- The goal is to find a new love for audios or to outdo yourself by listening to more audios in 2015 than you did in 2014.
- Books must be in audio format (CD, MP3, etc.)
- ANY genres count.
- Re-reads and crossovers from other reading challenges are allowed.
- You do not have to be a book blogger to participate; you can track your progress on Goodreads, Shelfari, Booklikes, Facebook, LibraryThing, etc. We’ve created a Goodreads Group for the challenge, feel free to join.
- If you’re a blogger grab the button and do a quick post about the challenge to help spread the word. If you’re not a blogger you can help by posting on Facebook or Tweeting about the challenge.
- Newbie (I’ll give it a try) 1-5
- Weekend Warrior (I’m getting the hang of this) 5-10
- Stenographer (can listen while multi-tasking) 10-15
- Socially Awkward (Don’t talk to me) 15-20
- Binge Listener (Why read when someone can do it for you) 20-30
- My Precious (I had my earbuds surgically implanted) 30-50
- Marathoner (Look Ma no hands) 50+
I’ll be tracking my progress on GoodReads, so feel free to stalk my audio-2015 shelf if you want to know what I’m listening to. Some of the titles that I plan on checking-out this year include:
- Ensnared by A.G. Howard, narrated by Rebecca Gibel
- Burned by Karen Marie Moning, narrated by Phil Gigante & Natalie Ross
- Clean Sweep by Ilona Andrews, narrated by Renée Raudman
- Storm Front by Jim Butcher, narrated by James Marsters
- Fool Moon by Jim Butcher, narrated by James Marsters
- Grave Peril by Jim Butcher, narrated by James Marsters
- Summer Knight by Jim Butcher, narrated by James Marsters
- Death Masks by Jim Butcher, narrated by James Marsters
- Dead of Winter by Kresley Cole, narrated by Emma Galvin
- Dark Needs at Night’s Edge by Kresley Cole, narrated by Robert Petkoff —review coming Apr 20
- Dark Desires After Dusk by Kresley Cole, narrated by Robert Petkoff —review coming Apr 24
- The Dangers of Dating a Rebound Vampire by Molly Harper, narrated by Amanda Ronconi —review coming Mar 30
- Captivated by You by Sylvia Day, narrated by Jeremy York & Jill Redfield
- Blind Faith by Rebecca Zanetti, narrated by Karen White
- Bound by Flames by Jeaniene Frost, narrated by Tavia Gilbert
- Red Rising by Pierce Brown, narrated by Tim Gerard Reynolds
- Magic Shifts by Ilona Andrews, narrated by Renée Raudman
- Kiss of a Demon King by Kresley Cole, narrated by Robert Petkoff
- Untouchable by Kresley Cole, narrated by Robert Petkoff
- Pleasure of a Dark Prince by Kresley Cole, narrated by Robert Petkoff
- Demon from the Dark by Kresley Cole, narrated by Robert Petkoff
- Dreams of a Dark Warrior by Kresley Cole, narrated by Robert Petkoff
- Lothaire by Kresley Cole, narrated by Robert Petkoff
- MacRive by Kresley Cole, narrated by Robert Petkoff
- Dark Skye by Kresley Cole, narrated by Robert Petkoff
- Nice Girls Don’t Bite Their Neighbors by Molly Harper, narrated by Amanda Ronconi
- Heir to the Shadows by Anne Bishop, narrated by John Sharian
- Staked by Kevin Hearne, narrated by Luke Daniels
- Eighth Grave After Dark by Darynda Jones, narrated by Lorelei King
- Fearless by Elliott James, narrated by Roger Wayne
- March 27th: 1st Quarter Update
- June 19th: 2nd Quarter Update – Giveaway included
- September 25th: 3rd Quarter Update
- December 18th: 4th Quarter Update and Wrap-up – Giveaway included
FREE audio resources:
Good luck with your goals, this looks like a fun challenge.
kindlemom1 recently posted…WoW Pick of the Week
Thanks! Can’t wait to get started!
Been waiting for this one to come out. I think it will be my last challenge I sign up for…I think..lol. I probably listened to around 25-30 last year and I was just getting into audios so I am pretty sure in 2015 I will be knocking them out and didn’t know about this challenge till about half the year was over. 🙂 Going to go sign up now!
You have some good ones on your list for the coming year! 🙂
Stormi recently posted…Review of Madeleine’s Christmas Wish
Other than my GoodReads challenge, this is the only one I’ll be participating in in 2015. Tracking them is such a pain, but at this one doesn’t require me to make any extra effort. I already listen to tons of audios.
You have some great books on your list Carmel.
Melanie recently posted…Review: Wicked by Jennifer L. Armentrout
Did you see? Did you see? ALL of the IAD books are on my list. 😛
I LOVE seeing Petkoff on your list!!!
Jennifer recently posted…Welcome Anne to The Book Nympho
I’ve already burned through 3 of them. I’ll be caught-up in no time!
Count me in for this in 2015! Whee! 🙂
Mogsy recently posted…Novella Review: The Slow Regard of Silent Things by Patrick Rothfuss
I see Heir of Shadows…eeek!! I’m gland you will be putting your big girl’s panties and follow through 😉
IAD…ah…It doesn’t get better 🙂
Lupdilup recently posted…Day Four of Book Blogmas Challenge (The Naughty List)
LMAO! Thanks. I think. 😉
I already purchased a copy, so there’s no going back now!
WOW 50!!! That’s already impressive without looking over your list. Guess what, I just downloaded my first audiobook in years, are you proud of me? 😛
I will be listening to Outlander by Diana Gabaldon shortly, hopefully I don’t fall asleep haha
Joy recently posted…How to land your dream internship at a publishing house!
The narrator of the Outlander series is phenomenal, but they are super long. Good luck!
Good luck with your challenge! I would do it, but I just can’t do audiobooks. My attention wonders too much. Ha
Cynthia recently posted…WWW Wednesday
Fair enough! They aren’t for everyone.
You’ve got some great-looking books on tap for the challenge, Carmel. I know you’re going to *rock* this challenge, again! Good luck!
Bookworm Brandee recently posted…**Sale Event ~ Here, Home, Hope & In the Mirror ~ Kaira Rouda**
We’ll see! I’m hoping to go back to work full time in 2015, so it’s gonna be tough.
Great book choices 🙂 I am looking forward to this challenge 🙂
Felicia the Geeky Blogger recently posted…ReRead Review: It Takes a Witch by Heather Blake
I’m surprised that you’re not co-hosting it this year. What’s up with that? 😉
I like to have a challenge that I will totally crush! Doesn’t count if I am hosting it LOL
Felicia the Geeky Blogger recently posted…Rate It File It Audiobook Review: Bones Never Lie by Kathy Reichs
I got ya!
That is a pile to get through, but they look so good that I know it won’t be a hardship. Best wishes!
Sophia Rose recently posted…Review: When We Met by AL Jackson, Molly McAdams, Tiffany King and Christina Lee
My iPhone is already locked and loaded for the new year. Bring it on!!
I’ll put all the audibooks I own to a GR shelf, too, that’s a great idea, Carmel. I’m really looking forward to this challenge – I can’t wait to be completely ‘bitten’ by the audiobook bug 😉
Lexxie recently posted…2015 Audiobook Challenge Sign-up
The GoodReads shelf makes tracking challenges SO much easier. I’d be lost without it!
Wow, you did great with the challenge! I’m not gonna sign up but I think I’ll try and challenge myself to listen to at least a pair of audiobooks this year!
Pili recently posted…12 Days of Lailah – Ink & Batter Lailah holiday cupcakes!!
Your very own mini challenge. Nice!
Heck yah you know I’m in! Great looking goal list. This coming year hopefully I can make it to My Precious or Marathoner.
Tabitha (Not Yet Read) recently posted…Video Game Review: Assassins Creed: Unity
I had no problem coming up with 25 titles to start. Growing it from here should be easy!
2015 will be my first year participating now that you all have converted me to audio. Looking forward to it!
Jen Twimom recently posted…Mistletoe Madness 2014: Alexandra Ivy
Excellent! I’m sure our fearless leaders will help keep you in check. 😉
I’m mad that you have all of your books picked out already! I think I’m going to join as well! I’ll aim for a modest “Socially Awkward” shelf though. 🙂
Amber Elise recently posted…Book Review: Crown of Midnight
Actually, I only have half of my titles picked out already, but this list is a work in progress.
We did almost the same this year. I’m going for Marathoner next year… we’ll see how that goes.
Sorry I’ve been MIA, but I was very sick. Next week I’ll be off, so I won’t be around much. I hope to be able to catch up on all the post I have missed before the year ends.
Good luck on your challenge!
BookaholicCat recently posted…Movie Trailer: Get Hard
Aaww, sorry to hear that you’ve been under the weather. I have too, it really sucks. Hopefully you’re back to 100% for your trip to Paris. I’ll see ya when I see ya!
I’m going with Stenographer this year.
Sweet! You go girl. 🙂