My associate reviewer, Josh, will soon be leaving the blog to pursue his teaching career; his last post will be on February 26th, which means… I’m in need of a new associate reviewer! His shoes will be hard to fill but I wish him the best of luck in his new job, and future endeavors. Thanks for all of your hard work Josh!
Please read on if you’re interested in becoming a Rabid reviewer:
What’s in it for you?
- Being part of Rabid Reads and getting your name out there as a reviewer (i.e. your own About Me section, signature, rabidreads.com e-mail account, links to your social media accounts, etc);
- Most likely free books;
- Opportunities to network with your favourite authors and a platform on which you can express your bookish views;
- If you live in the Ottawa-Gatineau area: access to my bookshelves;
- The help, knowledge and guidance of an experienced blogger.
Terms and Conditions
- You must be 15 years of age or older;
- Books reviewed must be paranormal in nature (Paranormal Romance, Urban Fantasy, Young Adult, Dystopian, Steampunk, Fantasy, etc);
- You will commit to doing a minimum of one post per month and if you can not deliver said post you will notify me as soon as possible so that alternative arrangements can be made;
- Must be able to read digitally formatted books;
- Review posts must be between 250-500 words;
- You must be able to post your reviews on sites such as GoodReads, Amazon, LibraryThing, Smashwords, etc (depends on the author/publisher);
- As a reviewer you must be able to give your honest opinion of a book based on its contents and not on your own personal feelings about an author. i.e. keep it respectful and clean;
- No plagiarism;
- You will not receive compensation for your reviews;
- All reviews posted on Rabid Reads become the property of this blog. If you wish to have your review posted elsewhere you must receive written consent from me and provide a link back to the original post;
- You agree to not share, sell or otherwise distribute any books received for review by authors/publishers. It’s against the law. I am not liable for any of your actions once a book is in your possession;
- There is no guarantee that you’ll receive free books, ARCs, etc but I can help you set-up a NetGalley account, contact publishers and will refer author/publisher requests to you;
- I reserve the right to delete any post without notice.
If the above sounds like it’s right up your alley please fill-out the following form to begin the process of becoming an associate reviewer! Please note that there are a limited number of positions available that are dependent on your experience level, availability and preferred genres. Filling out this form does not guarantee you a spot on the Rabid Reads Review Team. Thank you for your interest. Should you have problems completing the form for any reason please send your answers by e-mail instead.
Aw =( That’s too bad. I really loved Josh’s reviews.
Yeah, me too. He was an awesome reviewer and so reliable! He will be missed.