So you’re interested in becoming an associate reviewer on Rabid Reads are you? Well, there are a few things that you should know before we get started!
What’s in it for you?
- Being part of Rabid Reads and getting your name out there as a reviewer (i.e. your own About Me section, signature, rabidreads.com e-mail account, links to your social media accounts, etc);
- Most likely free books;
- Opportunities to network with your favourite authors and a platform on which you can express your bookish views;
- If you live in the Ottawa-Gatineau area: access to my bookshelves;
- The help, knowledge and guidance of an experienced blogger.
Terms and Conditions
- You must be 15 years of age or older;
- Books reviewed must be paranormal in nature (Paranormal Romance, Urban Fantasy, Young Adult, Dystopian, Steampunk, Fantasy, etc);
- You will commit to doing a minimum of one post per month and if you can not deliver said post you will notify me as soon as possible so that alternative arrangements can be made;
- Must be able to read digitally formatted books;
- Review posts must be between 250-500 words;
- You must be able to post your reviews on sites such as GoodReads, Amazon, LibraryThing, Smashwords, etc (depends on the author/publisher);
- As a reviewer you must be able to give your honest opinion of a book based on its contents and not on your own personal feelings about an author. i.e. keep it respectful and clean;
- No plagiarism;
- You will not receive compensation for your reviews;
- All reviews posted on Rabid Reads become the property of this blog. If you wish to have your review posted elsewhere you must receive written consent from me and provide a link back to the original post;
- You agree to not share, sell or otherwise distribute any books received for review by authors/publishers. It’s against the law. I am not liable for any of your actions once a book is in your possession;
- There is no guarantee that you’ll receive free books, ARCs, etc but I can help you set-up a NetGalley account, contact publishers and will refer author/publisher requests to you;
- I reserve the right to delete any post without notice.
ARC / Scheduling / Wishlist Guidelines
- ARCs that aren’t already on someone’s wishlist are on a first-come-first-served basis;
- You cannot request / review an ARC that’s already on someone else’s wishlist unless you’ve consulted with them, and you have both agreed to A) Do a joint review. B) Post your reviews a minimum of 6 months apart. C) Review it in a different format (i.e. audiobook vs. print / eBook). D) One posts a full series review, while as the other reviews each individual book;
- Check everyone’s wishlist before adding a new title to yours to ensure that it’s not already spoken for because first-come-first-served applies in this instance;
- If you are planning on reviewing the entire series prior to an ARC, you must indicate this on your wishlist so that reviewers know that all books are off limits, not just the most recent installment;
- All ARCs must be reviewed within a 3 month window (i.e one month before the publication date, the month the book releases, or one month after the publication date). If you cannot commit to this time frame, remove the title from your wishlist so that another reviewer can read it instead;
- Once you have received an ARC, indicate the date on your wishlist when you plan on posting your review. This will help ensure that the 3 month window is being followed. Same goes for pre-orders, except the time frame is different (i.e. within 3 months after publication date);
- Every reviewer can post a maximum of 2 reviews a week, unless you are double-posting on your scheduled days for re-reads / series catch-ups. Your wishlist should reflect this (i.e. you shouldn’t have more than 8 titles on reserve each month, unless you have less the previous / upcoming month to compensate or it’s an audiobook). This will avoid reviewers committing to more books than they can actually review in the 3 month window;
- If a reviewer has previously posted reviews for all of the earlier installments in a series, any future ARCs / books in that series automatically go to them unless they have decided to drop the series.
If the above sounds like it’s right up your alley please fill-out the following form to begin the process of becoming an associate reviewer! Please note that there are a limited number of positions available that are dependent on your experience level, availability and preferred genres. Filling out this form does not guarantee you a spot on the Rabid Reads Review Team. Thank you for your interest. Should you have problems completing the form for any reason please send your answers by e-mail instead.