10. The Armored Saint by Myke Cole
I’ve been watching Myke Cole post pictures of staged battles for what feels like forever. I. Am. So. Ready. For this book.
9. The Emerald Sea by Richelle Mead
Despite having nothing to do with fae and being a half-fantasy, I loved THE GLITTERING COURT. Then last year, I loved MIDNIGHT JEWEL even more, making this last installment of the trilogy a no-brained for this list.
8. Alliances by Timothy Zahn
I find myself even more obsessed with this blue alien than I am with the STAR WARS canon as a whole . . .
7. A Court of Frost and Starlight by Sarah J. Maas
ACOTAR has officially replaced ToG as my favorite SJM series, so of course the forthcoming installment is among my most anticipateds.
6. Burn Bright by Patricia Briggs
Always happy for more Charles and Anna (and Asil and Bran).
5. Iron Gold by Pierce Brown
As uncertain as some of Mustang’s choices left me at the end of MORNING STAR, I need to know what comes next in this universe of genetically modified humans.
4. This Fallen Prey by Kelley Armstrong
Eric. Dalton. #thatisall
3. Iron and Magic by Ilona Andrews
Hugh’s book. What’s not to want?
2. Magic Triumps by Ilona Andrews
The reason this book is #2 on my list is b/c as much as I want it, I’m also dreading it . . . But I really, really want it. Like NOW.
1. Spinning Silver by Naomi Novik
UPROOTED might be my favorite book of all time. I cannot get SPINNING SILVER fast enough. I will dream about this book until it’s in my grubby reviewer hands, then everything else in this world will go on the back burner, and my husband will have to order pizza for dinner.
What about you? What books are you most looking forward to next year?