Author Eve Langlais has asked me to help spread the word about Romancing The Capital, Ottawa’s first romance book convention. She didn’t have to twist my arm overly much seeing how I was already planning on attending because, well, it’s local and us Canadians usually get shafted when it comes to cons. So… if you’ve been looking for an excuse to visit our lovely country—here’s your chance!
When: April 17th & 18th, 2015
Where: Holiday Inn & Suites Ottawa/Kanata
Registration: $115 for Readers / $150+ for Authors
It’s now officially less than a year until the first ever Romancing the Capital event. What the heck is that you ask? It’s a chance for Canadian readers to finally meet some of their favorite romance authors like:
- Eve Langlais (Canadian Author, Event Organizer & – New York Times & USA Today Bestseller)
- Opal Carew (Canadian Author – New York Times & USA Today Bestseller)
- Deborah Cooke/Claire Delacroix (Canadian Author – New York Times & USA Today Bestseller)
- Sara Fawkes (Canadian Author – New York Times & USA Today Bestseller)
- Kali Willows (Canadian Author)
- Layna Pimental (Canadian Author)
- Jessica E. Subject (Canadian Author)
- Victoria Danann (USA Author – Bestseller)
- Dahlia Rose (USA Author – Bestseller)
- LeTeisha Newton (USA Author)
- Diane Leyne (Canadian Author)
- Penelope Rivers (USA Author)
- Donna McDonald (USA Author)
- Robyn Peterman (USA Author)
And that’s just those who’ve registered. We’ve got a list of possibilities that will boggle your mind.
Now I’m sure you’re wondering what you can expect at RTC, other than FUN of course.
- Book signing! Some authors, like Eve, are planning to give out free print books, others will have some for sale. And of course, you can bring your own for signing.
- Swag bags and giveaways. In other words, GOODIES!
- Intimate Author Chats – Sit down and ask questions face to face with authors, and find out what makes them tick without resorting to a sledgehammer.
- Workshops/Panels on a variety of topics – how to build an alternate society, the rise of science fiction, creating a believable HEA with more than one partner, the crafting of historical romance and so much more…
- Fun and Games where you can win prizes and laugh until your cheeks hurt
- Hors D’oeuvres Reception (Friday Night) for up to a 100 attendees sponsored by Amira Press and several of their authors
- Friday Night Special Event hosted by Amira Press and several of their authors
- Mystery Friday Night Event hosted by …
- Awards Ceremony (Saturday Night) to celebrate the awesomeness of Canadian Romance Authors
- 80′s Dance (Saturday Night) – Sponsored by Eve Langlais. Get your retro groove and dance with your favorite authors. Or sing along off key.
- 3 course dinner for 200 (Saturday) – Hosted by Eve Langlais
- More stuff to come as details are ironed out with sponsors and authors
If want more info, then be sure to check it out, or even better, register for your chance to attend the hottest event next spring! (Click here for ticket info)