As you know, I’m currently on a blogging break. My tentative return-to-business-as-usual date is May 21st. In the meantime and after much thought, I’ve decided that it’s time to look into expanding my team of 1. Rabid Reads is growing faster than I ever imagined and I find myself struggling to deliver the quantity and quality of content that I would like. I’m reluctant to give-up complete control of my baby but now that I have to begin planning a wedding as well (yes, I recently got engaged!) my free time is not as free as it used to be. That being said, I’m going to be extremely picky with my final selection so please don’t take it personally if you’re not chosen. It’s not you it’s me. 🙂
My terms are as follows:
- You must be 18 years of age or older;
- Books reviewed must be paranormal in nature (Paranormal Romance, Urban Fantasy, Young Adult, Dystopian, Steampunk, Fantasy, etc);
- You will commit to doing a minimum of one post per week and if you can not deliver said post you will notify me as soon as possible so that I can make alternative arrangements;
- Must be able to read digitally formatted books;
- Review posts must be between 250-500 words;
- You must be able to post your reviews on sites such as GoodReads, Amazon, LibraryThing, Smashwords, etc (depends on the author/publisher);
- You do not already have your own blog;
- As a reviewer you must be able to give your honest opinion of a book based on its content and not on your own personal feelings about an author. i.e. keep it respectful and clean;
- No plagiarism;
- You will not receive compensation for your reviews;
- All reviews posted on Rabid Reads become the property of this blog. If you wish to have your review posted elsewhere you must receive written consent from me and provide a link back to the original post;
- You agree to not share, sell or otherwise distribute any books received for review by authors/publishers. It’s against the law. I am not liable for any of your actions once a book is in your possession;
- There is no guarantee that you’ll receive free books, ARCs etc but I can help you set-up a NetGalley account, contact publishers and will refer author/publisher requests to you.
- You have some knowledge of HTML, CSS, graphics, Blogger etc;
- Are interested in being involved with other types of posts (i.e. guest posts, features, bloggy events, tour stops, etc);
- Want to be fully involved in the blog by helping e-mails, comments, social media, etc.
What’s in it for you:
- Beings part of Rabid Reads and getting your name out there as a reviewer (i.e. your own About Me section, signature, rabidreads.com e-mail account, links to your social media accounts, etc);
- Most likely free books;
- Opportunities to network with your favorite authors and a platform on which you can express your bookish views;
- If you live in the Ottawa-Gatineau area: access to my bookshelves;
- The help, knowledge and guidance of an experienced blogger.
If I haven’t scared you away yet please fill-out the form to submit your application. By submitting this form you agree to all of the terms listed above. I reserve the right to change the above terms at any time without notice. I have final say on all content and if a post doesn’t meet my requirements I reserve the write to not publish it. Please feel free to e-mail me if you have any questions/concerns.
About the Blogger
I review Urban Fantasy and Paranormal Romance books with a focus all things werewolf. Based out of Ottawa, Canada