This week’s topic:
Top Ten Books That Made You Cry
- The Lovely Bones by Alice Sebold: This book tops the list of tear jerkers for me. The story is just so tragic, the characters’ pain so real. I dare anyone to read this book and NOT cry!
- The Time Traveller’s Wife by Audrey Niffenegger: A unique but impossible love story. I adored this book and the movie even though both made me cry.
- Marley & Me by John Grogan: I laughed and cried multiple times while reading this book. As a dog owner the loss of a beloved pet really hit close to home.
- The Notebook by Nicholas Sparks: You can’t very well have a list about what books made you cry without including this one! I expect to see it on almost everyone’s list.
- Love the One You’re With by Emily Giffin: This was the first chick-lit series that I really got into and an amazing love story.
- The Outlander Series by Diana Gabaldon: Jamie and Claire’s love story transcends 2 centuries! This is an epic love story.
- Water For Elephants by Sara Gruen: Great story about misfits, love and overcoming advertisy.
- Alpha by Rachel Vincent: A great ending to a 6 book long love struggle. So sad this series is finished!
- The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time by Marc Haddon: A compelling story told through the eyes of an autistic boy.
- Three Day Road by Joseph Boyden: Captivating tale about two Cree friends’ experiences during WWI. Great tale on what it’s like to be different from the norm.
After I finished writing this list and looked it over, I was amused by how only one of them fits into my preferred Urban Fantasy / Paranormal Romance genres. I wonder why? A few of these books are based on true stories so maybe the fact that they actually happened makes the tale more tragic? Perhaps the characters in supernatural novels are harder to relate to… definitely some food for thought.
About the Blogger
I review Urban Fantasy and Paranormal Romance books with a focus all things werewolf. Based out of Ottawa, Canada